Thursday, February 19, 2009

Boston Trip

So this is going to a picture overload pot but there where to many neat ones to leave any out. So this is of our trip to Boston. We had a blast. It was really cold and we didn't really dress for it so we didn't get to see as much as we wanted but Casey and I had a great time relaxing and loving having a vacation from the kids. We were able to read a lot and just vej.

On Thursday night after we got there we thought we would brave the subway system and head to the CheeseCake Factory. It was so yummy. We all ate way more than we should have and then got cheesecake to go and ate it later that night as we played games.







The whole reason we went was so that the guys could attend a JRC conference which they really enjoyed. We joined them for meals and a couple speakers and thought it was good.










The conference was held at Harvard University. What an amazing campus. It was absolutely beautiful. The architecture in Boston is amazing.

























On Friday night the conference took us for dinner at a place called Ned Devines. It is located on the top of Quincy Market. It was a really fun night. The crab cakes were amazing. And supposedley the meat on a stick was really good to but the guys forgot to tell us that so we missed out.













Because of time and weather we didn't quite make it to Cheers the Bar that we on T.V but we did find a replica of it at a shopping place that we hit.










At dinner on Friday night they had these Tap dancing girls performe. They were amazingly good. Check out their dresses. They were gorgeous.










After dinner that night we went to the Old South Meeting House in downtown. It was a really neat building.











I am not really good with details but I do believe that this is the museum that was on National Treasure that they run through.











This is the Old Trinity Church. It was stunning to be up close and see all the details in the building.












And of course we had to finish up the trip with racing on the Tortiouse and the Hare.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hoe nice to have a little vacation form the kidlets and get to see some things in the process! I love Boston. One of the most walkable cities I have ever been to. :) Then again I could love it cause that is where we spent our honeymoon and all of the good feelings that go along with it as well :)

Glad to see you guys had fun!

Kellie said...

Boston is such a fun place to visit. I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Caleb and Casey said...

Love the pics, and loved Boston!!! You need to send me the pics of Boston that you took and I'll send you mine too if you want them. I had so much fun hanging out with you guys. Thanks for a fun vacation!