Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Party Weekend

My baby is 5!!! On Feb 1 our little one turned the big, huge 5. Man do I feel old. She had a great birthday weekend. Because her birthday was on Sunday we did a lot of it on Saturday.

No this is not a torture device. It is an ear piercing thing. Paige has been asking me for about 6 months if she could get her ears pierced. Well we thought maybe that would be a great birthday present and it was only $6. So after pleading and bribing her with many, many things I finally had to sneak up behind her and pierce them. She freaked after the first one but was fine after the second.
When she freaked out the first time I started crying and thinking what did I do to my poor baby. It was sad.

When we were all done I asked her if she was glad that I had just done it. She got the biggest smile on her face and said "Oh ya I am mom" I am glad because then my guilt was alleviated.






And what is worse than getting an ice cream as a consolation prize?








After the torture session we headed over to Chuck E Cheese's and had fun playing around. The girls loved it. We rounded out the day by going to McDonald's and then home to watch a movie.






I think Rylee's favorite part was getting to hold her own cup of tokens and putting them in the games.







On her actual birthday we just had 2 friends and their families over for dinner and to help us celebrate.


It was a great end to a great birthday weekend. Oh and somewhere in there she got to open some really fun presents from her parents and grandparents and aunts.

2 comments:

Dahlia said...

Well happy (belated) birthday to Paige! She looks so much older with her earings ;) You're doing a good job with your sweet girls - enjoy your trip to Boston sans kiddos...ahhh...someday....

Sarah Blue said...

You pierced her ears Yourself??? Oh WOW! My girls both have theirs done, but we went to Claire's. I am a mixture of awe at your bravery in doing it yourself and am kind of wondering how you ever thought to do it yourself. Either way, Happy Birthday Paige!!!

And good luck to Blake. Just a little longer and he'll be done. :)