Sunday, June 1, 2008

100th Birthday for the carousel

There is a functioning carousel here in Topeka and it turned 100 years old yesterday. So after Paige's ballet class the girls and I headed over for some fun. We got to ride the carousel, Rylee was really nervous at first but by the end of it she loved it. Then we went and got a free cupcake and pop. Next we headed over to get a balloon animal. Rylee got a bear and Paige got a dog. As soon as we got a picture Rylee let her drop and it popped. The girls then went and colored. There was a huge line for the face painting but being the girly girls they are we stood there and waited. Paige got a ballet slipper and Rylee got a dragonfly. Last stop was to make a bead bracelet. By the end we were all tired and hot (it was 90 degrees outside). But it was the best. It was great to go and just spend time with my girls.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Your girls are getting so big. Looks like a good time!

Andrea said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I love your photoshop pics! I am no good at that stuff, it is a talent!

Michelle Johnston said...

Thats awesome! I totally missed out:) I cant believe that things 100 yrs old. I really think they could do without Gov. Sabilus picture on the outside.....weird! You're girls look so cute!

Stacey said...

Wow, I didn't know it was 100 years old! Looks like your girls had a blast. They are so cute! Hope your summer is going great!