Thursday, September 4, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

I came across this video yesterday while I was looking at a friends blog and wanted to post it here. I had never heard of this organization before but it is an amazing thing that they are doing. I wanted to get the word out that this organization exists and thought that if you know anyone that goes through losing their child you could suggest this to them. I am so grateful that we have so many pictures of Keagan. It is the only thing that we will ever have of him. Anyways I will put a disclaimer that this video tugs on the heart strings. I cried when I saw it so if you don't think you are strong enough please don't watch it. Just know that there is an organization called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep that will come to the hospital and take pictures of a baby that was still born or that is not expected to live very long. They are all volunteers and so it is free to the family.




If you would like more information or to find a photographer in your area or even if you would like to donate some money to this wonderful organization please go to www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother and his wife had a volunteer photographer come take pictures of their baby in the hospital in Utah last September. Happily, their little guy is still here and doing well. we are having his first birthday party on Saturday. But getting those photos was priceless because for the first 6 months we were sure he was going to die at any moment.

Andrea said...

That is awosme! i am so glad that there is an organization out there, thank you for sharing this. Even though I cried, I am glad I know about this.
Love you Bre!

tam said...

Thanks for sharing about this organization. My sister in law is actually a photographer for NILMDTS in the Denver area and has shared with me some of the experiences she has had. She told me it is such a humbling, yet spiritual experience for her. It is such a wonderful organization.

JC and Jena said...

Wow. I love that they point out that they do this because those little babies WERE HERE! I don't need to admit that I cried because I am always a bawl baby. What an awesome organization.

Amber said...

Bre I am actually a volunteer here in Topeka for this orginization, only been a member about 6 months, and have not had any calls yet. It took me a while to get the courage to sign up, but I hope that the happiness it brings the families later is worth it all in the end! I know alot of AMAZING photographers that belong to this charity and have made a BIG difference to so many! Thanks for sharing this info with others! I have seen all the videos and lots of personal ones many many times, and I still cry EVERY time!
~Amber

Chy said...

AWESOME!I'm crying but how great is that, what a special orginization thanks for sharing!

Tandee said...

Okay, I'm just a LITTLE to hormonal right now, so I'm glad others cried through it, too. I guess it kinda hits home when I'm expecting any day, too. That's a wonderful organization, and I'm surprised how many commented on being in it, or knowing someone in it when I've never heard of it until today! Thanks for sharing! =)

Julie Moore said...

Julie here. I know you warned us about the over-flow of emotion, but nothing could have prepared me for the rush of my own memories with my own little boy. We've enjoyed a tearful family hug now and I'm wanting to pull out all of the pics we took during that time. I'm so grateful for organizations like these. Again--angels among us. Thanks for sharing.