Friday, April 11, 2008

Conspiracy

Why is it that when you have a fun night planned everything conspires against you so that you can't go. We were having book club last night and it happened to be a night that I didn't work and the girls were being little stinkers, so I needed this night to go out. Anyways all day there was a sever weather watch but it was sunny and nice outside so I didn't think anything about it. So I was leaving and as soon as I walked out the door with my umbrella the wind started blowing at 70 miles per hour and pouring rain. It about ripped my brand new umbrella away from me, but my stubbornness prevailed and I held on (it was brand new). So now that I am soaking wet and sitting in my van that is rocking and there is lightning all around, I think that maybe I shouldn't be going out in this weather (what do you think). So I dash back inside an then finally it lets up and I went for it. We had a great book club. It was so fun. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Oh and the best part was that I finally got an Italian soda that I have been craving for 2 months. Hopefully now the weather will realize that it shouldn't try to stand in the way of a desperate mom that needs to get away for an hour.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got your time away! I think you showed Mother Nature who is REALLY in charge.