Friday, April 4, 2008

Tortellini Soup

Here is the soup that I made the other night. And let me tell you that it was as delicous as it looked. It is a great soup to make if you want to clean out your frdige cause you can throw whatever vegtables you want into it.

Tortellini Soup


5 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 (16 ounce) package prepared cheese tortellini, thawed
10 ounces spinach, rinsed and chopped
Zucchini
Carrots, sliced thinly
1 package onion soup mix


DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Combine tortellini and spinach and bring to a boil; reduce heat slightly and boil for 7 minutes. Drain and add to the tomatoes, broth, carrots, zuchini, and onion soup mix; simmer for 20 minutes. Serve.

2 comments:

JC and Jena said...

Ok, one word....YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! When I hear "soup" I think difficult but this looks pretty simple. I'm gonna try it sometime. Thanks for the recipe!

Laura Dunaway said...

Thank you for posting this. I am going to make it soon. I've been craving it since lunch yesterday. It's sooo good!